|“||I don't care how you got those wounds, I tend to the hurt, no questions asked.||”|
Apothecary is a card that can be used to a great extent around Bodyguards. It serves to heal Metris Brutes, Assassins and Brigands while also assisting with stolen cards. However an important purpose of the Apothecary is it's ability to generate poisons upon a feed, which along with enough defensiveness can allow for a slow burn towards the opponent who will be unable to destroy the apothecary, due to constant heals to any bodyguards or similar intercepts leading to the opponent having to use a large quantity of skulls, food or magic. However like other Metris 1 health cards it is vulnerable to cards which ignore intercept such as Lead the Charge or Whispered Barbs.
Update History Edit
- 2014-07-09: Metris allies now have a 50% chance to save from being destroyed
- 2014-07-09: Restocks a random poison, even if you don't have any in your deck
- 2014-07-09: Heals allies instead of saving destroyed allies
- 2014-06-11: No longer heals, but has a 50% chance to save destroyed allies
- 2014-06-11: Reduced cost by 1 (to 3)